Tag Archive: Signs


Henry Cavill signs on to ‘The Witcher’

Henry Cavill will star in an 8-episode series of The Witcher for Netflix. No word if a mustache will be involved. (Image credit: Cheriss May/NurPhoto/Netflix)

Superman star takes on Geralt of Rivia in the upcoming Netflix series.

Netflix today announced that Henry Cavill — the Brit best now as Superman, and Napoleon Solo, and that dude with the troublesome mustache in the latest Mission: Impossible flick — will star in an 8-episode series based on The Witcher.

Based  [Read More…]

U.S. government signs an agreement with ZTE to lift export ban

ZTE will once again be able to conduct business with American component vendors.

ZTE’s woes in the U.S. are about to come to a close. The Chinese telecommunications giant has signed an agreement with the Department of Commerce that will lift the export ban — which will allow ZTE to do business with American suppliers like Qualcomm. ZTE was issued a denial order in April after it was revealed that the manufacturer violated sanctions against North Korea  [Read More…]

YouTube signs deal with two music labels ahead of new streaming service

Universal and Sony join the mix.

Following Google Play Music and YouTube Music, Google is expected to launch its third streaming service at some point in 2018. Referred to as “YouTube Remix,” YouTube just signed two deals with major labels in the industry to help give the service as much of a fighting chance as possible.

The current YouTube Music app.

According to Bloomberg, YouTube has signed deals with Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment.  [Read More…]

BlackBerry officially signs its life away to TCL

BlackBerry wants to make it work in the Android world. It knows the best way to do so is to partner with an already established brand.

TCL, the parent company behind smartphone brands like Alcatel, announced that it’s officially entered into a long-term licensing agreement with BlackBerry. BlackBerry will license its security software and apps like the BlackBerry Hub, while TCL will continue to handle the design, manufacturing, and retail component of BlackBerry’s smartphone business.

Here’s  [Read More…]

Mediatek signs a deal with UMi for the first implementation ever of Helio P20 on UMi Plus “Extreme”

During this first part of the year, we have seen how Helio P10 has been a popular choice among the biggest brands, like Sony Xperia XA, HTC A9S, Oppo R9 and P9 PLUS, Meizu M3 Note, Meizu MAX and others. In particular  Oppo R9 and R9 PLUS have been absolute bestsellers in China this year.

U.S. Cellular signs on to help boost Project Fi’s coverage

Google’s Project Fi will soon have more coverage options, with U.S. Cellular joining the project as a cellular partner. The carrier joins Sprint and T-Mobile in providing cellular coverage for Project Fi customers.

From Google:

U.S. Cellular, one of the top mobile networks in the U.S., offers service in 23 states with 4G LTE coverage for more than 99% of their subscribers, both urban and rural. With the addition of a third network, Project Fi now  [Read More…]

HTC signs 3-year deal with Nexus, report suggests

Google’s approach has always been to partner with manufacturers to create their Nexus line of devices. Google’s own Pixel brand is a notable exception, with the recent release of the

The post HTC signs 3-year deal with Nexus, report suggests appeared first on AndroidGuys.

Sprint signs co-branded store-within-store deal with Radio Shack

Sprint and Radio Shack on Thursday announced a deal which will see the nation’s third largest wireless provider picking up approximately 1,750 stores.

Sprint currently has more than 1,100 company-owned retail stores, which would more than double if the transaction is approved.

As part of the Radio Shack bankruptcy filing, Sprint will soon operate as a store-within-a-store and receive co-branding.  Sprint will receive about 30 percent of the retail space in each location with the other 70 percent being  [Read More…]

HTC signs multi-year partnership deal with Robinson Cano

HTC has signed a multi-year deal with Seattle Mariners 2nd baseman Robinson Cano. HTC says that they partnered with Cano as a brand ambassador in North America due to a mutual pursuit of personal excellence and Cano’s committment to mentorship.

Announcing the ‘Weekly Photo Contest: Signs’ winners!

We’ve closed down another weekly photo contest, which this week gave us dozens of great “signs” photos to browse through. We were glad to see people thinking outside the box again this week, coming up with interesting ways to make their shot stand out while still fitting into the prompt. After taking a look through four full pages of entries in the forums we had to come away with just two winners, but there were plenty  [Read More…]